Monday, December 31, 2007

That's All, Folks!

And finally its over! With the number two draft pick at stake, the Rams didn't let up in their relentless pursuit of mediocrity and put another stinker out on the field with a resounding defeat to Kurt Warner and the Cards.

Yes, as I sat and watched the events of the day unfold I could only wonder what would have been if.....Alright! Let's just stop right there. If! What the hell is that? I along with many others have been making excuses all year due to the massive onslaught of injuries to plague this team, but yesterday proved that under this stupid ass coach we will never win.

Once again the play calling in crucial situations was atrocious. How about on third and long and fourth and long going to Ike or Torry? But no-ooooooo. Let's try again for the second week in a row to hit Looker or Bennett. Now I don't know what happened to Bennett, but at Tennessee he was the MAN! He was not only one of my favorite non-Ram players but also one of my favorite fantasy receivers. This year - hands of butter. That TD he dropped on Sunday was frickin stupid. And to continue to try to hit him on third or fourth down situations is a decision that Coach needs to be strung up for. To begin the game Torry was targeted often while Jackson was given a good share of the plays too.

But then it's like a light went off in Coach's head, and by "off" I mean "out." The whole rest of the game he seemed like he was on ludes or something. No fire or drive to get the guys to play hard. And with the group of misfits they had left, motivation was something they were sincerely lacking. He needs to go and go fast. Can you say "Mariucci?"

The end result of this game was exactly what I expected but the end result of this season was exactly NOT what I expected. Hopefully next year will be better, beginning with the draft of a TE or bust DL.

Great! I wonder if there's any room for me on the Patriots' bandwagon? NOT! I beg all of us Planeteers and Pagers to bury our heads in Rams 'lore and not just pray but BEG the LORD for a Patriots loss (like he really gives a crap about football, but some people think he does), or we will be forced to watch ESPN PatriotsCenter and Patriots Live for a long, long time. It's bad enough already as it is, I don't know if I can handle much more of it. Here's to next year us going 16-0 and stomping on Belicheat's parade.

Now where's the rest of that Wild Turkey?

No comments: