Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Going, Going.....Gone?

Who would ever suspect that with the firings of coaches and the resignations of others that we would have to worry about where Isaac Bruce will be next year. I cannot believe that the Rams front office is going to put him, and us, through this again. Two years ago it took us all by surprise when he was released as a "salary cap casualty" but thankfully was then re-signed almost immediately. If this happens again I don't know if we will be so lucky this time. What if he doesn't come back? What if he reacts like any other sane person would and gets so pissed off that he flips Shaw the finger and goes somewhere else? Are we prepared for this? I know I'm not. And if this happens, I am pretty sure that he won't be the only one doing it. With fan morale as low as it is, this could be the proverbial camel.

I know that times change and all that, but this would be hard to take. We had to grieve when Kurt was let go, when Marshall's injuries took him away for good, and now if Bruce goes it will officially end the GSOT. Never again will it be matched. I don't care how many points the Vikings put up in 1998 and that we fell 17 points shy of breaking their record, or that the Patriots (cheaters) just shattered it on the way to 16-0. Nothing will ever come close to what our team did in 1999-2000.

So is this it for Bruce? Only time will tell. Hopefully we'll see #80 lining up in Rams colors next season, but if not, let me be the first one to say a farewell................

"BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!!!"



No comments: