Monday, October 29, 2007

It could be worse, and is...


What could be worse than 0-8? Well, let me tell you. My love of football and the Rams runs as deep as all of yours, but I find it more than disturbing, yes, indeed very troubling that as I brought up my home page a few minutes ago I noticed all kinds of news on the Packers win, the new deal by Romo, basketball signings, Halloween stuff, and other miscellaneous crap but nothing anymore about the wildfires in San Diego or the nearly 1,000,000 people displaced by them. These fires are still not over, there have been almost 2,000 homes destroyed, and from what I could find on various search engines, around 5 people dead. All the emphasis on sports just doesn't seem justified right now, and it amazes me that I actually had to search for information on the fires because of all the other non relevant stuff taking its place. 0-8 don't mean squat compared to what these poor people are going through. Sure, we will remember 0-8 twenty years from now, but the families impacted by these fires will not only be remembering them in twenty years but will also still be feeling them, breathing them, tasting them, living them, and re-living them. As of yet, no one I know personally has suffered anything more than the discomfort of being displaced, but for all of those people who lost a lifetime of memories in a second's time I wish them all peace from God and a swift recovery in this time of real need.

No comments: