Monday, September 17, 2007

Rams Tied For First


AS I jumped into the air yelling, “It’s good, it’s good!,” I suddenly landed with a thud that was considerably louder than the one made by the ball grazing the front of the crossbar. “Nooooooo! Noooooooo! Noooo-hooo-hooo-hoooooo.”

So it went at my house on Sunday after Wilkie’s kick provided the grand sendoff to an 0-2 start. Not exactly what I expected when I threw on my new Jackson Pro Bowl Jersey, grabbed my football, and yelled “Oh yeah baby. Best day of the week right here!” NOT!!! Well, unless you’re a WHINER fan. Who’d a thunk it? The Whiners in first place after two weeks at 2-0? No way. Huh-uh. Nada. Not gonna happen. Except that it just has, and the Rams are at the bottom of the heap all alone. Or are they...?

Overall standings, we have SF at 2-0, the Cards at 1-1 thanks to a thrilling victory over the Hags on Sunday, followed by them Hags also at 1-1. However, division-wise, the Rams are only 0-1, the Hags are 0-1, the Cards are 1-1, and the Whiners are 2-0. We still play the Cards twice, the Hags twice, and the Whiners once more. Let’s keep assuming that the Whiners suck so therefore there is no way that they will continue this lucky streak, and it is truly a lucky one. They will not be in the division race at the end of the season, so their record does not matter and we’ll just forget about them. The Cards are also ahead of us at 1-1 division, but they too are no threat in the overall picture so we will forget about them also. That leaves the two best teams in the division, the Rams and the Hags, tied for first at 0-1. That’s right – TIED FOR FIRST! There is a still long way to go in this 16 game season and I am NOT going to turn my back on my most loved team in the whole entire universe. Yes they made me cry yesterday, but then again so did my wife, and I ain’t gettin’ rid of either of ‘em!

So now it’s on to Tampa Bay, Opie Garcia, and “P.O.N.T.I.A.C.” Williams. Here’s to win #1.

No comments: