Monday, September 10, 2007

No Pace? Get a rope!

Although one man does not a team make, the loss of Orlando Pace has left both my Rams and my fantasy teams in the lurch.

It was amazing to watch what I called last week the "Greatest Offense on Earth" come to a screeching halt when Bulger's left hand man injured himself...again. Perhaps that is why the coaching staff's play calling after that was fit for pee wees, or maybe they were just so concerned about O.P. that they lost sight of the other guys out there actually still playing, but whatever the reason it was down right embarrassing and the worst I've seen in a long time.

Of course we can't discount the terrible officiating on both sides of the ball that also drove me insane, but what ultimately got to me was the false start on the very last UNTIMED play of the game. What the hell is that about?

It has been noted that the fans should be ashamed of themselves for leaving so early yesterday, but there is absolutely no excuse for our players to do so. What that showed me is that the players had even given up and were on their way home too. There is no way that a Bill Belichick coached player would do that, and I hope that the Rams coaching staff makes those players who packed it in early pay the price.

We'll see next week how concentrated the players are, and I hope it shows. So put down your beer and grab a rope, because if this keeps up we'll all be at the end of ours soon.

2 comments:

lovemyrams said...

Hmmm, don't you think being shut out by the Panthers last year a tad more embarrassing?

Anonymous said...

Not quite sure what your point is, since I'm dwelling on this year now. But thanks for your input anyway.