Wednesday, September 12, 2012

SOSAR? I Think Not

I keep seeing it all over message boards, and even more so from our own fans than from others - "Same ol' sorry ass Rams!" Well I don't know what game they were watching but from what I saw, that stereotype should be gone, and hopefully gone forever.

Outside of two terrible missed INT's, this team in no way resembles SOSAR.  How refreshing it was to see one of our DB's actually make a pick, and then for Finny to actually make his into a pick-6 well, that right there made me pinch myself.  And the third pick, once again from another new Ram, definitely proves that the days of SOSAR are behind us.

Over-reaction? We wont know until the next game is played but I will be extremely surprised if we revert. It really burned me up though to see our old slippery handed DB's blow their two shots at a pick, one of which may have eventually sealed the victory for us. HOWEVER, that being said, the replacement officials are absolutely to blame for us losing this game because the obvious missed/wrong calls that either killed our drives or should have killed the Lions' drives truly made the difference.  Since when is it ok to lead with the helmet, or go below the knees to late hit our QB?  And how many times did we see the zebras allow the crowd or the Lions' sideline to influence throwin' a flag? I counted 4, one of which was almost immediately into the game.  And this was not the only game for this to happen.  The Packers/Whiners game had the same things happen. Blowing calls is one thing but blowing it when it matters is another, and how the richest sports entity in the world can allow for this to continue just baffles me.

Perhaps the NFL world should to be chanting "SOSAR" - Bring back those Same ol' sorry ass Refs!

No comments: