Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Two Loves, One Life

It would appear that the Rams are now headed in the right direction with the hiring of Super Bowl LOSING coach Jeff Fisher, but I disagree. His coaching record, while definitely more favorable than Coach Spags, still leaves much to be desired. Sure he may have been the best to chose from, but was he really? The ex-Raiders HC Hue Jackson (not to be confused with Hugh Jackman) took a sorry azz Raiders team and got them to 8-8 while Fisher took a very talented Titans team and ran it into the ground, besides ruining Vince Young's career before it could even get started.

I truly hope that hiring Coach Fisher will get us back to the glory days and out of the glory hole days, but it is going to be a long arduous process that is make or break for me. Many Sundays have been wasted on the love of my life and I cannot take anymore terrible football from it. The other love of my life, the alive one, is getting tired of it too. Another failed attempt at winning Rams football could very well give me the impetus to break away from it once and for all. Which love of my life will win? Here's to both of them being here when the dust finally settles!

2 comments:

lovemyrams said...

Ken, Ken, Ken, why you so down on this guy. He is far better than you see him as.

First off, he really didn't have all that much talent surrounding him at times, his two biggest stars were George and McNair.

Second he was in one of the toughest leagues in the NFL yet was still credited with just 6 losing seasons in 17 years of coaching the Titans. And I quote here....

Now that he's back in the league, Fisher is the third-winningest active coach in the NFL, his 142 regular-season victories trailing only Bill Belichick (175) and Mike Shanahan (157).

Third, he knows how to give a team an identity, something the Rams haven't had since the days of the Greatest Show days. He commands over achievement from average players and generally gets it. Win or lose the Titans were a team most teams dreaded playing.

And finally, we all know who is running the team, especially the team itself. Brandon Lloyd said earlier that if you asked any of the veterans on the team who was running it the average answer would have been "Don't know."

Have faith, as much as I use to dislike Fisher, only because I hated playing his Titans, I really think that he's going to turn this team into something that we've been waiting for, for a very long time now.

Anonymous said...

Alright, alright he's growing on me. I sure hope that you and everyone else who think so are correct. Can't handle this much longer!